tyler made a neat book report today on BONE!
Long division May 31, 2013
We are Learning long division and we one of our students did a huge one.
Science Mammal Field Guides May 30, 2013
you are going to be making a guide on mammals. you will need the following information:
- common name of animal
- scientific name of animal
- a description of the animal (size and color)
- what it eats ( bonus for herbivore, carnivore or omnivore)
- where it is found (northern wi, southern, near rivers etc…)
- fun facts about this animal.
- a PICTURE OF THE ANIMAL – no goofy photos! remember we need to use this for identification!!!
- a PICTURE OF THE ANIMAL’S TRACKS –in case we don’t see the animal we need to see its tracks!
use field guides if you can! they are WAY MORE AWESOME THAN WIKIPEDA!
Field Guide Project May 29, 2013
you are going to make a field guide to all the Trees in the outdoor classroom. each student will be in charge of a single tree. Mr. Briggs will assign the trees to you. make sure to include the following things:
- common name of tree
- scientific name of tree
- description of the tree
- where is is found (in cold places, warm places, dry places wet places etc.…)
- what it is used for or interesting facts about it.
remember, quality counts, make sure that you use your own words to make this project and not copying and pasting. once all the writing is done you may find:
- a picture of the whole tree
- a picture of a leaf (make sure this is VERY CLEAR)
- a picture of it’s seeds or flowers.
Division Songs and Lessons May 16, 2013
here are some songs about long Division.
Remember Mr. Briggs’ division cheer?
DIVIDE! MULTIPLY! SUBTRACT! BRING IT DOWN!
Well, it turns out there are a LOT of songs and lessons on long division. here are a few:
And some more ‘serious’ lessons if you need help:
here are the vocab slides for this week:
here is our spelling list
here is an awesome picture